• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 14, 2016

    Abraham Lincoln Quotes

    Abraham Lincoln

    “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “My Best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new after all.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to
    succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “No man is poor who has a Godly mother.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Avoid popularity if you would have peace”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “To remain as I am is impossible; I must die or be better, it appears to me.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Towering genius disdains a beaten path... It sees no distinction in adding story to story... It scorns to tread in the footsteps of any predecessor, however illustrious. It thirsts and burns for distinction; and, if possible, it will have it...”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “If we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “We shall need all the anti-slavery feeling in the country, and more; you can go home and try to bring the people to your views, and you may say anything you like about me, if that will help... When the hour comes for dealing with slavery, I trust I will be willing to do my duty though it cost my life.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I am naturally anti-slavery. If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “The struggle of today, is not altogether for today - it is for a vast future also.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Without the assistance of that divine being, I cannot succeed. With that assistance I cannot fail. Trusting in Him, who can go with me, remain with you and be everywhere for good let us confidently hope that all will yet be well.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Let me not be understood as saying that there are no bad laws, nor that grievances may not arise for the redress of which no legal provisions have been made. I mean to say no such thing. But I do mean to say that although bad laws, if they exist, should be repealed as soon as possible, still, while they continue in force, for the sake of example they should be religiously observed.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Nothing in this world is impossible to a willing heart.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Resolve to be honest at all events; and if in your own judgment you cannot be an honest lawyer, resolve to be honest without being a lawyer”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him. Allow me to assure you that suspicion and jealousy never did help any man in any situation. There may sometimes be ungenerous attempts to keep a young man down; and they will succeed, too, if he allows his mind to be diverted from its true channel to brood over the attempted injury. Cast about and see if this feeling has not injured every person you have ever known to fall into it.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “You can lose everything in life,but not dreams.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I may be wrong in regard to any or all of them; but holding it a sound maxim, that it is better to be only sometimes right, than at all times wrong, so soon as I discover my opinions to be erroneous, I shall be ready to renounce them.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “I am approached with the most opposite opinions and advice, and that by religious men, who are equally certain that they represent the Divine will. I am sure that either the one or the other is mistaken in that belief, and perhaps in some respects both. I hope it will not be irreverent for me to say that if it is probable that God would reveal his will to others, on a point so connected with my duty, it might be supposed he would reveal it directly to me; for, unless I am more deceived in myself than I often am, it is my earnest desire to know the will of Providence in this matter. And if I can learn what it is, I will do it! These are not, however, the days of miracles, and I suppose it will be granted that I am not to expect a direct revelation. I must study the plain, physical facts of the case, ascertain what is possible and learn what appears to be wise and right.”
    Abraham Lincoln


    “A nation that does not honor its heroes will not long endure.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “If you would win a man to your cause, first convince him that you are his sincere friend.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away. it's best to let him run".”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “In your temporary failure there is no evidence that you may not yet be a better scholar, and a more successful man in the great struggle of life, than many others, who have entered college more easily.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “Fellow-citizens, we can not escape history. We of this Congress and this Administration will be remembered in spite of ourselves. No personal significance or insignificance can spare one or another of us. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor to the latest generation.”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “If we magnified our successes as much as we magnify our disappointments, we'd all be much happier”
    Abraham Lincoln

    “You may deceive all the people part of the time, and part of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time.”

    Abraham Lincoln

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel